How To Set up a Roku Account
Love streaming videos and movies? Love watching TV series? Does binge-watching run in your blood? If yes, then here is something that might excite you. Roku player is a device that you may like.
Roku Player is a device that helps you stream videos and movies on your Television via the Internet. It can be a paid service or free. All the streaming services like Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, and Sling TV can be loaded in Roku Player. It is somewhat similar to how you download these streaming services on your smartphone.
But to use a Roku Player, you need to have a Roku account. An account on Roku helps you to store the streaming devices that you own and the channels that have been installed by you. To create a Roku account, you must definitely have a valid Email ID. A valid Email helps you to receive all the notifications related to your account. In case you have any problem setting up your account, here we have the guide on how to set up a Roku account.
How to set up a Roku account?
Roku device account is very easy to set up. The account creation is similar to all the Roku devices, from first to the last generation. One of the best things is that you can use the same Roku account for all the devices.
One very important thing that needs to be taken into account while creating a Roku account is that no fees need to be paid but still, you will be asked to submit your account details. It is done so that you can buy movies and shows later on but until and unless you do not agree to the terms and conditions, you won’t be charged with any fee.
Here are the details on how to set up a Roku account.
- To set up a Roku account, you need to open your PC and open any web browser in it.
- Thereafter you need to open this link: roku.com/link by typing it in the address bar of your browser.
- After that, click on the Roku Sign In Option that appears on the screen and go to ‘Create Account’. Then you will find a few text boxes.
- In the first text box, you need to type your first name and in the second text box, you need to fill in your last name.
- In the ‘enter a valid email address’ textbox, type the email that you are currently using. This is because you’ll require this email to access your account in future.
- Then in the password field, type a strong password for your account.
- After filling all this information, click on the checkbox that says that you are at least 18 years of age. This option is present in the corner of the screen.
- After this, click on the submit option present at the end of the page.
- After this, another webpage will open, wherein you need to fill all your card details including card expiry date, card number, cardholder name etc.
- Filling all that information will successfully create your account on Roku Player.
Why do I need an account on Roku?
The above mentioned were the steps for how to set up a Roku account. It is important to have an account on Roku because it helps you add channels and manage your subscription. Also, it manages all the linked devices and helps you update your preferences. If you want to check your purchasing history, it will also be available only if you have an account on Roku.
So, setting up an account on Roku is a very simple and easy task to do. The steps on how to set up a Roku account have been provided for you. It just takes a few minutes to successfully set up an account on Roku Player before you start enjoying it. You can easily stream videos, movies and other content on Roku Player and have fun watching them. For any other details on Roku account setup, you can give us a call on phone number given in the contact us section and get connected with our experts to get effective tips & remote assistance from them.